If you live in Australia and are currently completing your Psychology degree you might like to apply to become one of our admin assistants – which is essentially paid work experience. For more details click here.
We are also currently seeking Expressions of Interest from:
- Australian Sports Psychologists
- Australian Psychologists undertaking a registrar program in sport and exercise psychology
- Australian Psychologists eligible to apply for the registrar program in sport and exercise psychology but who are yet to do so
- Fulled Registered Psychologists (AHPRA) who have a real passion for sports
Condor Performance is an Australian based company that specialises in applied sport and performance psychology solutions. We work in predominately sporting and performance contexts in order to bolster the mental health and mental toughness of our clients – both for the sake of their performances as well as overall life satisfaction and wellbeing.
Established in 2005, we have slowly grown over the years and in recent times have seen a significant increase in requests and referrals for our services. Due to the fact that the bulk of these inquiries are coming from athletes and coaches whose mental health is fine (non-clinical) and are looking for a qualified mental coach to assist mainly with psychological aspects of performance (for example, motivational techniques for training) then we are mainly seeking Expressions of Interest from:
- Australian-based sports psychologists – fully registered psychologists who have the Sport and Excercise Psychology endorsement included under their AHPRA ‘register of practitioners’ listing.
- Australian-based psychologists currently completing their sport and exercise endorsement program and will, therefore, be allowed to use the protected title ‘sports psychologist’ once completed and approved.
- Australian-based psychologists who are eligible to commence the sport and exercise endorsement register program but have yet to do so. (As one of our staff is an AHPRA approved supervisor for the sport and exercise endorsement program then supervision will be included for free as one of several employment benefits should their application prove successful).
We will also consider applications from any fully registered psychologist (AHPRA) who can demonstrate a good understanding of basic sport psychology techniques and who has a love for sports.
Various part-time and full-time employment positions are available as well as contractor opportunities for those who can’t commit to at least 5 hours of work per week to start with.
Please Read Carefully Before Applying:
At Condor Performance we take the ‘sports’ part of sports psychology very seriously. If you’re not highly passionate and knowledgeable about an array of major sports then we advise you against applying. Even psychologists with more of a ‘performance’ orientation (performing arts, corporate, music etc) will need to demonstrate ‘better than average’ understanding of most major sports at the very start of the process.
How to Apply (Note: There is no application deadline):
Those eligible and interested should email a recent CV and short introductory video (in place of a cover letter) to Gareth at email@example.com. The subject of the email must be Expression of Interest. Please attach videos that are 15 MB or less directly to the email. Upload larger videos to Vimeo, protect them with a password and then email the link and password. Footage should be between 5 and 10 minutes long and be a motion equivalent of a cover letter. If you’d like to ask questions before applying then send Gareth a text on 0404 328 747 asking for him to call you back.
We look forward to hearing from you.